Saturday 13 August 2011

A rose by any other name....



Let me be honest for a minute. You might think I'm totally tech-savvy, because I'm blogging and internet dating, but frankly I'm a hot mess when it comes to technological things and rely on my fabulous German friend to get me onto all these things. This blog was essentially his idea actually. But generally 'techy' things confuse the hell out of me. So when I got another message (That makes two!! maybe I won't die old and alone!!) which ended with this:

                                                                  @}-;--

I thought, oh, that must be some sort of emoticon that I'm not aware of. It wasn't until I got about 4 more messages, all finishing with the same symbol that I realized it is supposed to be a rose..... Cue disappointment. Call me old fashioned, but I think if you're going to give someone a rose, it should be a real one, no? Tell me I'm wrong & outdated.

And it's not like I'm asking for a bunch of red roses to be delivered to my door. In fact, I have very strong opinions about roses and am not sure that I would ever appreciate the cliche of being given red roses by a lover. But my point is, either do it properly, or not at all.

This may not be boding well. But, I suppose the whole point of this adventure was to try new things. And after the cat man, it can't get much worse right? I'll give him a go - updates forthcoming...

No comments:

Post a Comment