Friday 5 August 2011

You have one new message...

So you finally got up the courage to join a new dating site, after convincing yourself that you would die alone with cats eating your face. So you signed up. What do you have to loose?

Then after you hit submit profile and check your email inbox 100 times a miracle happens – you get a “one new message” notification telling you that someone is interested in you.

I received one such message.

Today, I’m going on my first date with a guy I met through the online world. We’ve emailed a little bit, I’ve checked out his profile enough to work out that he won’t try and kidnap me (hopefully) if the date turns sour and I am actually quite looking forward to getting to know someone new in my city, which sometimes feels as though if you stay here long enough you will get to know EVERYONE!

Given that it is a coffee date I want to play things relatively relaxed, except of course for my outfit. After fixing my hair and trying on a dozen outfits that don’t make me look to thin, tall, fat, short or like I am an alien life form, I finally decided on an outfit. These are the earrings I am wearing.





Oh dear I just looked at the clock and already I am running late so I’m off. After all who wants to be late for a very important date?

No comments:

Post a Comment